We are pleased to announce the appointment of Dr. Gonzalo Sapisochin as Staff Surgeon at The Toronto General Hospital, UHN. Dr. Sapisochin received his Medical Diploma in 2005 from the Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain and went on to complete his General Surgery residency training in 2011 at the University Hospital of Vall d’Hebron in Barcelona where he successfully defended his Doctoral Thesis, “Optimization of Liver Transplantation for Hepatocellular Carcinoma”, to receive his PhD. He went on to complete his Clinical Fellowship in Abdominal Transplant & HPB Surgical Oncology with the University of Toronto and was subsequently offered a position at the Toronto General Hospital as Staff Surgeon with the Multi-Organ Transplant Program. He begins his new job and tenure as Assistant Professor, Department of Surgery at the University of Toronto on January 1, 2016.
- Toronto PD, Markus Selzner, to Speak at CST CTRMS Joint Meeting
- Toronto Video Atlas of Surgery pays Homage to Gift of Life Donors
- Toronto Welcomes 2017-19 Transplantation and HPB Surgery Fellows
- Toronto Transplant Fellow Dr. David Al-Adra, Investigates Incidence, Treatment and Outcome of Duodenal Leak
- HPB Fellow Nathan Zilbert Receives Paddy Lewis Teaching Award